So many feeling associated with Friday September 13, 2013
It was a very crazy Friday at Paradise Banquet Hall. I received a call late Friday night from Marie to work the martini bar for Joe Pandolfo’s 50th birthday party. The Pandolfo’s were the higher ups & I needed to have my A game going all night long. A challenge I would not only embrace, but excel with every drink made.
1. Happiness: It’s a pleasure mixing drinks at the Martini bar every time there’s a wedding reception. Since October 2011, I’ve been given the keys to making delicious, mouth watering cocktails. The responses have ranged from “That’s great to This tastes absolutely delicious. The creativity I’ve shown every weekend keeps getting better every time. It originally started at Paramount Conference & Entertainment Venue in 2008, I’ve revived it & have kept getting better.
2. Pride: I take great pride in having the ability to put these drinks together. Even better is when people come up, saying “I need a martini that knocks my socks off.” or “What was that delicious drink you made?” Other comments have included “We need you to deliver these drinks to the bridal party’s table.” I means a lot to hear those words & the “Thank Yous” that come along with those granted requests.
3. Satisfaction: At the end of the night, people come and deliver the following complements:
- You were awesome tonight
- You’ve been the best bartender we’ve ever had
- Your drinks were absolutely amazing.
Hearing those complements makes the dirty uniform & sore feet worth the experience. It also opens the door to bigger & better things.
4. Sadness: Friday the 13th would have marked my father’s 69th birthday. He passed away 4 years ago, 2 1/2 weeks prior to his 65th. Nevertheless, I went into the workplace, saying “Give your best effort like he’s watching you.” I definitely kept doing that with drink after drink. Knowing that he was watching over & smiling down made this special day even better.
5. Honor: Prior to this party, I worked another party for them August 18. They were so impressed with my efforts that afternoon they requested my services for their party. I really was on Cloud 9 when they came over & said those words. It also spoke volumes on how far I’ve come since joining the Paradise Banquet Hall staff.
It’s been quite a journey since joining Paradise Banquet Hall. Three years ago, I remember losing my job at Paramount Conference & Event Venue – byPeterandPauls.com. Starting over as a French server wasn’t in the plans. However, I’ve made it work & gradually regained my confidence. In addition I’ve won the respect & admiration of coworkers & guests. Their loss has been Paradise’s gain & nothing will stand in the way.
“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches.”
- Napoleon Hill